We’re looking for a systems engineer to support the design and building of our latest generation of satellites. You are going to coordinate the work of software and hardware engineers by defining and decomposing requirements, communicating with end users, and ensuring the project direction throughout its lifecycle.
About the role
Being a part of the Systems Engineering team you will be able to contribute to the design and implementation of various smallsats and their subsystems.
The work demands the ability to communicate clearly and efficiently about different technical requirements of a product, or a mission, starting from the high-level customer vision and refining it to a testable set of features.
The systems engineer is expected to take part in customer communications by evaluating and negotiating different technical proposals and solutions.
- BSc or MSc degree in aerospace engineering, electronics, computer science or similar field
- Experience in the design and development of nanosats and/or smallsats
- Knowledge of satellite systems, including subsystems such as communication, power, and propulsion
- Experience with setting requirements between different expertise groups
- Experience with high-level requirements decomposition into well-defined system and subsystem requirements
- Ability to communicate through and understand graphical representations (schematics, sequences, state diagrams)
- Professional requirements writing experience
Requirements Considered an Advantage
- Proficiency in using engineering software and tools for satellite design and analysis, e.g. SolidWorks
- Experience analysing different mission budgets like power, link, delta-V
- Experience with orbit simulation tools e.g. STK, GMAT
- Experience with DFMEA
- Basic working knowledge of C/C++ or Python
- Knowledge of UML/SysML
- Project and Risk management skills
- Experience with Atlassian tools (Jira/Confluence)